I have been a Guelph community member all my life. Living with my husband and 2 children in Ward 6 for over 25 years.
I am a passionate Registered Nurse specializing in Mental Health and Labor & Delivery, serving the community for over 20 years. I have had extensive leadership roles within Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) and practised as an educator.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing BScN, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON (2017)
- CNA certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. Canadian Nurses Association (2016)
- CNA certification in Perinatal Nursing, Canadian Nurses Association (2012)
- Peri-Operative (Gyn/OB), Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON (2010)
- Emerging Nurse Leader Program Certificate, MOHLTC, Guelph, ON (2008)
- Diploma of Nursing, Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON (1997)
- Also held certificates in: Fetal Heart Surveillance, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, Breastfeeding, MOREOB, Joint Health & Safety Certificate I & II.
ADVOCACY AND VOLUNTEER WORK
- 10 years of leadership experience in an elected position with ONA.
- Completed Leadership and Development Program through ONA’s Human Rights and Equity group
- Completed “Solidarity Works for 30 and under” through the OFL (Ontario Federation of Labour)
- Organized Joint Forum with RNAO (Registered Nurses Association of Ontario) for 2015 Federal Election’s “Nurses Vote”
- Active member of OHC (Ontario Health Coalition) volunteering and attending events for 9 years
- Worked in collaboration with RNAO to build a home in Guelph for Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteered in an organizing drive with UFCW as part of “Solidarity Works”